Glossing swiftly over the fact that its roughly 10:15 and while the other kids are at school and the crazy 3 yr old is sleeping I could be doing something productive on the house tending front instead of being sat here spitting up fitful thoughts, I will tell you that I'm in a bit of a bother...
Actually I'm feeling a bit non plussed to be honest. I have a super charged fully cranked 3 year old who only does asleep or human tornado... a 16yr old boy /man who is a horrible & hideous and totally un-zen person to be around right now... & the 12 and 14 yr olds have their own challenging aspects right now that are all their own and to be honest I can't decide whether I'm looking forward to the school year ending in April or whether I'm in denial about how it all might turn out having them at home constantly for FOUR months!!!
I'm tackling... perhaps tackling is the wrong word to use...
The three year old and I are exploring meditation as a a means to counterbalance his general frame of mind. It's been a long time since I meditated in any meaningful way but it's quiet time, time to unwind, let go and more importantly calm down... he likes it.
I'm looking at the problem holistically and trying to restructure our routine, slowly and as seamlessly as possible so that it not only benefits him but has a knock on effect with the other children.
I'm looking at Waldorf again now that I have a smallie showing signs of wanting to learn and explore how and why things are... trying to find a pattern that's in tune with our Islamic year so that there's a happier flow to our pattern of living... I've been feeling a bit disconnected and I'm tired of the stress and conflict that comes with having children. I need them to find some peace and a kinder, more thoughtful way of expressing themselves to one another before I go completely demented.
I'm planning on baking something with Mr3 this afternoon after I've taken the 9yr old back to school after lunch, and we're going to gently unfold this day and see where it takes us. I figure if I approach even the crabbiest child in my life with calm and peace and thoughfulness it will radiate and bear some fruit somehow...
Actually I'm feeling a bit non plussed to be honest. I have a super charged fully cranked 3 year old who only does asleep or human tornado... a 16yr old boy /man who is a horrible & hideous and totally un-zen person to be around right now... & the 12 and 14 yr olds have their own challenging aspects right now that are all their own and to be honest I can't decide whether I'm looking forward to the school year ending in April or whether I'm in denial about how it all might turn out having them at home constantly for FOUR months!!!
I'm tackling... perhaps tackling is the wrong word to use...
The three year old and I are exploring meditation as a a means to counterbalance his general frame of mind. It's been a long time since I meditated in any meaningful way but it's quiet time, time to unwind, let go and more importantly calm down... he likes it.
I'm looking at the problem holistically and trying to restructure our routine, slowly and as seamlessly as possible so that it not only benefits him but has a knock on effect with the other children.
I'm looking at Waldorf again now that I have a smallie showing signs of wanting to learn and explore how and why things are... trying to find a pattern that's in tune with our Islamic year so that there's a happier flow to our pattern of living... I've been feeling a bit disconnected and I'm tired of the stress and conflict that comes with having children. I need them to find some peace and a kinder, more thoughtful way of expressing themselves to one another before I go completely demented.
I'm planning on baking something with Mr3 this afternoon after I've taken the 9yr old back to school after lunch, and we're going to gently unfold this day and see where it takes us. I figure if I approach even the crabbiest child in my life with calm and peace and thoughfulness it will radiate and bear some fruit somehow...
Salaams sis...I pray and hope that you get the calm and peace you seek...you need no advice from me ..I am pretty sure you will figure out what is best for you all...but I was reading this....
ReplyDeletebut I think it also involves patience for ourselves as we try to figure out this motherhood gig, patience with long term situations that aren’t going to resolve any time soon, and patience through perspective – recognizing that each season of mothering will pass.
Love you xxxxx
Yeah I would sometimes maybe use the word 'tackling' lol! We all have those moments sometimes!
ReplyDelete