Progress is slow and steady... but it's coming along nicely mashallah.
The nearly 9yr old loves it already, and it's been a good project to get back into a knitting rhythm with ... I don't have that much left to do... about 50 rows and it'll be off the needles inshallah.
I need to start looking for a project to get my teeth into after this one is finished... I wish I could knit like fury and have garments flying off my needles ten to the dozen, but in my world it just isn't going to happen...
Too much going on and too many distractions mean that the knitting bag is usually the very last thing I reach for at the end of the day. But today, with the end of this project in sight... I might just carve some proper knitting time into my day.
We're set for a day of sunshine, before the snow comes. Apparently forecast for the early hours of tomorrow morning, with rain to follow... this of course means our communal sleeping / living space will be in full usage till next week at least. The upside of living in one room is the reduced housework.. which is always a bonus in my book...
And now, off to do some chores and create something halfway edible so that I can get to those knitting sticks....





as-salamu aleykum sister!
ReplyDeleteYour knitting is beautyfull masha'a Allah and so is the little miss wearing it, i wish i could knit!
For your next project, what about a little crafty challenge in our forum?
Really, there will be snow inchAllah?
today was such a springtime day alhamdulillah, that's nice in Algeria, sooner or later the sun comes allways back!
salam
Yusra (um-zakaria)
Salam Alaikum Kate,
ReplyDeleteMasha'Allah it looks good and in sha Allah your daughter gets many wears out of it.
I used to knit as a child with my nanan/grandma, only the basic type of knitting making squares for a patchwork blanket that we never actually finished but never the less it was fun to do, the only problems i had were casting on and off which nan always used to do for me :) maybe you could make a patchwork blanket and rope your daughters in?