Saturday, 27 July 2013

And another week bites the dust...

Alrighty.... better late than never with the update I guess....
This is how it's gone for me, had a slight spanner in the works with a five days earlier than planned ladies holiday... but here you are


Read my qur'an..

This has gone much better for me this week... if I compare my progress with last year it doesn't look so good, and I won't get through my mushaf twice as planned, but I'm making steadier progress now and I've just finished reading Surah Mu'minoon... so overall I'm very pleased to have made up for my failiure in the first week.
Finding time to read has been easier as I'm prioritising and making sure I read before I do anything else. My main reading time has  been after suhoor and waiting for the adhan of fajr... also this week I haven't been praying, so I've used any extra time I've had to spend with my qur'an mashallah.

Pray On Time...

I haven't been praying, so it hasn't been an issue for me this week... I'll probably be be praying tomorrow though... just in time for the last ten days (which I'm really happy about) so my goals for week 2 in terms of salat will shift to this coming week... I need to put as much effort as I can in


Pray Sunnah Salawat...

Another no go area for me given that I haven' been praying;.. but I kind of suspect that if I had of been I wouldn't have done so well... we're heading towards the last ten days now so I really need to think about stepping up the Ibadah and just getting a grip


Be More Mindful Of  How I Spend My Time...

Again this week this one has been pretty easy to accomplish... there's no time for messing about... I've been thrown a few curve balls that have eaten into my time too so for me this has been an easy task... what happens after ramadhan is another matter but I'm hoping that I've got myself into a better frame of mind

Blog Ramadhan....

Well, I've blogged my progress... and to be honest I wasn't really aiming for alot more... It would have been nice to share iftars and crafts with you but my PC is a demon and I can't actually get any photos uploaded and half the time I can't even log onto the internet... that I've been here this much is a minor miracle....
IF I can manage to get online then I'd love to blog my last ten days of ramadhan because it's such a special time... especially with Qiyyam... but strictly NO promises


Learn Some Qur'an...

The closest I got to doing this, this week was revising the qur'an I have memorised... which is better than nothing... and I was hoping to memorise surat-al-Mulk after I'd finished reading my Qur'an but as that's taking longer than I expected I'm not sure where I'm going with this one...
I'm still hoping to conquer this goal... whether it will actually happen IN ramadhan is another thing... we'll see

Be More Active In Making Dua..

I should have made more effort with this, I have had extra time and I haven't been praying... epic failiure on the dua front!

Eat Moderately...

Still dieting... so even though I've had a few time of the month cravings and nibbles I'm still being moderate and feel okay about how I'm eating....


Be T.V Free...

Erm.... yeah... I share a house with people who aren't as intent on staying TV free as I am.... so it's been challenging... but generally speaking I've done okay.... For those that are finding it harder to stay TV free.. I'll make it easier for them by banning TV completely during the day.... there are better things they could all be doing with their time with the last ten days of ramadhan approaching... and we all need to focus.

Honestly... there are a few things I had hoped would go better, but I'm happy that I'm free for the last ten days and can inshallah make it for taraweh ....

I need a more definite strategy for the last stretch so I'm going to rough out the next couple of days and then hit the last ten running bi'idhnillah.....
So I'm off to rethink my goals and what I want to achieve ... I'm not completely happy with what I've managed so far but I'm not going to beat myself up about it either....
What I'm looking for here is positive and consistent change... and a shift in how I approach my Islamic obligations inshallah


And in other news?  There's not alot actually... we've just got our heads down and we're doing this thing.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting constructive feedback, so don't be shy...say your piece, just keep it polite.. :)