Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Oh my gosh it's late..... I shouldn't even be attempting to blog at this time of night morning.

In a nutshell, today I have...

  • woken up far too early
  • fed people breakfast
  • read blogs
  • did a load of washing
  • ate dd20's mega spicy fresh sardines bought by dh about 10 minutes before lunch(love it when the dh throws us a culinary curve ball!)
  • sent a sardine take-out to the bil
  • emptied the washing machine & put another wash on
  • transported the bucket of wet washing upstairs to be hung later
  • managed to diffuse the umpteenth teenage boy hissyfit in two days.... the cause... having to have his hair cut ... he hasn't put his hood down since he got back from the barbers!
  • sorted 4 loads of laundry
  • decided to make an impromptu trip (walking!) to our nearest market half an hour away.... to buy baby gifts for two new mummies
  • came home exhausted... but laden with pressies and having met a very dear friend quite by surprise in the bazaar
  • got two wedding invites
  • drank coffee, but not enough!
  • instructed dd20 in the making of dinner
  • had several conversations with several children, most of which made no sense (my fault not theirs!)
  • fed people
  • fed more people
  • ate
  • waited for more people to come home to be fed
  • remembered I was supposed to read to the 8 year old with her first wobbly tooth
  • met the 4 piles of sorted laundry at the top of the stairs I never remembered to wash
  • got the 14 year old hissy fit expert to put it all back in the washing basket
  • ignored the basket of wet washing resting on the upstairs hall basin
  • read a chapter of little house on the prairie (to the 8 year old with the wobbly tooth)
  • fed the bubba
  • came online
  • remembered the wet wash still in the machine
  • ate three of THE most sour oranges I have ever eaten in MY LIFE... yeah I know!!! after the first one WHY didn't I stop
  • thought about writing a to-do list for tomorrow
  • ...... and inshallah this is where the day ends, there are prayers to be said and thanks to be given, and a humble hope that tomorrow, I will remember to do the laundry!!

6 comments:

  1. Nice to know I'm not the only one who has issues with the washing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think it's the washing that has issues with me....
    although mine is still wet and waiting to be hung!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. but the day has only started....i'm confused....nice to read you again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes indeed i know those days only too well .... insha`allah the rest of the day will be better

    ReplyDelete
  5. salamu aleykum,

    may Allah reward you sister for all the work it means to have a big family.
    I have 4 kids mashAllah , so i imagine you must have the double amount of work than me, and i don't know how you manage to blog beside this!

    salam
    Yusra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get selfish with my ME time.. I don't get much of it... but when I do!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting constructive feedback, so don't be shy...say your piece, just keep it polite.. :)