Alot of my day is spent just getting through one end of it to the other. Which is to be completely honest, why I probably don't blog so much these days.
I mean how much mundane can you all handle I wonder?
I don't mind the sameness of it all... compared to how frantic life was becoming pre-hijrah, the slowness is a welcome change mashallah.
There's been a global shift towards simple living over the past couple of years and those of us that made the move towards embracing a less materialistic and more minimalist way of living are no longer looked upon as odd balls...
Lately though this has taken me on another route. I'm no longer content just to lead a "simple" lifestyle. Now I'm actively looking for ways to "Live the Sunnah" to enhance and nourish my daily life.
There are already elements of the sunnah in our daily living, and they've become so common place that we probably take them for granted and no longer give them a second thought as we're doing them.
Anyway, the idea I'm meandering towards here is to document my quest to "Live Sunnah" by blogging it inshallah.
I had thought about starting a new blog for the purpose, but I felt a bit fraudulent to be honest and I feel there's more value in documenting it here midst the rest of my ramshackle life. It give it some degree of authenticity I hope.
So let's see how far I get on this new journey of mine shall we....
I can't remember if I blogged it or not... anyway... ds14 has a fractured forearm...
Just out of a leg cast and into a cast on his arm!
Exams have started again, and summer holidays will be upon us in a matter of weeks... I'm looking forward to the rhythm of summer and ramadhan which is also speeding our way mashallah.
I re-started tadjweed lessons after a VERY long four year break... after a long and unfruitful search for a teacher I finally found one... my son! He was totally dumbfounded that I hadn't thought of him to begin with, but better late than never eh?
The only downside is that I no longer get enough daylight on the lower floor of my house since the neighbours opposite built their house... the picture below is of the alleyway we live in, and as you can see our houses are so close they're almost touching...
By the way, before I go I'm taking a sunnah a week and will be blogging it inshallah...
it won't be a new one for us this week, eating sunnah is already part of our lifestyle and has been for years.. but the opportunity to blog it and perhaps encourage others is too good to miss...but that's a post for later in the week inshallah
And in the meantime, if you could keep me and my internet connection in your prayers inshallah...



Masha'Allah what a blessing to have a son that can teach you!
ReplyDeleteInsha'Allah looking forward to reading your sunnah posts- connection permitting :)
You know it really struck me first when he came home one night and went through his fiqh lesson with us that he'd just had in the masjid, that our roles have changed and whereas it was me that used to teach him his religion, he's now teaching me. I don't think it would have been the case had we stayed in the UK so it's things like that that help to validate our reasons for making hijrah.And somedays it's exactly what you need!!!
Deleteyour are always in my du'as but now I'll have to remember your internet connection!! lol....Yes, I am also looking forward to your sunnah posts...always so inspirining sister...xxxx
ReplyDeleteah, you always say such sweet things dahlink..
Deletexxx
mashallah I look forward to your "Live the sunnah" posts as well. And as always I love seeing photos of life there.
ReplyDeleteBarakallahu fiki... I always want to blog more than I do and I to upload as many pics as I can but my internet connection is so S.L.O.W......
ReplyDeleteSalaamu aleikoum You're so right Kate, making Hijrah is so much more then just living in a Muslim country. We should live our faith in every word and action. Downsizing, simplifying and for some getting out of that materalistic haze is a challenge but needed.Enchallah looking forward to reading more from you! Allah reward all your endeavours! oxox Hénia
ReplyDeletehttp://sabrshukr-dz.blogspot.com/