Yep, I think so.... despite the fact that blogger is pulling a weird one on me and saving EVERY word I type if I pause for more than a nano second... I'm feeling ready to re-enter the blogosphere... as long as I type like the clappers and don't bother to draw breathe I should be fine.
I wish I had loads to tell you, well I probably do actually... what would be far more appropriate to say is, I wish I could remember half of it, and then had the energy to tell you the rest... but school started again and I've spent the past two weeks either in the kitchen baking like fury to fill the freezer with schooly type snacks quicker than the children can devour them... and that's no easy feat let me tell you! And when I haven't been doing that I've been refereeing sibling squabbles and chasing homework dodgers around the house...
Over the summer though, there have been trips to the beach, a HUGE amount of VERY noisy Algerian weddings, many foiled plans to go to the UK for a brief stint, roaches, rats, horse riding, a picnic, ramadhan of course... and it was all very long and tiring by the end of it... but we got through it and the other side is full of routine and sensible things and no sleeping in and lazing around like sloths with nothing to do... I think we'll call that balance... and that's probably as good as balance gets around here!
On a plus I was very pleased to have actually freed the sewing machine from it's bondage and actually get some sewing done...
Eid dresses for a couple of my littlies...
Pictoral eveidence of fabric activity.... & there are more pictures of our summer of course ... but those are for other days and other stories inshallah...
I wish I had loads to tell you, well I probably do actually... what would be far more appropriate to say is, I wish I could remember half of it, and then had the energy to tell you the rest... but school started again and I've spent the past two weeks either in the kitchen baking like fury to fill the freezer with schooly type snacks quicker than the children can devour them... and that's no easy feat let me tell you! And when I haven't been doing that I've been refereeing sibling squabbles and chasing homework dodgers around the house...
Over the summer though, there have been trips to the beach, a HUGE amount of VERY noisy Algerian weddings, many foiled plans to go to the UK for a brief stint, roaches, rats, horse riding, a picnic, ramadhan of course... and it was all very long and tiring by the end of it... but we got through it and the other side is full of routine and sensible things and no sleeping in and lazing around like sloths with nothing to do... I think we'll call that balance... and that's probably as good as balance gets around here!
On a plus I was very pleased to have actually freed the sewing machine from it's bondage and actually get some sewing done...
Eid dresses for a couple of my littlies...
Pictoral eveidence of fabric activity.... & there are more pictures of our summer of course ... but those are for other days and other stories inshallah...



MashaAllah the dresses are soo pretty and not over the top like the one's I usually see here. !!! Cringe!
ReplyDeleteThe side ribbons and lace trims finish them nicely.
Did they take you long?
Barakallahu fiki... they only took a few days each... I deliberately choose easy things to make otherwise I get REALLY frustrated SUPER quick..lol
Deletemasha`allah umm z their beautiful ... i havent seen them on the girls .. but i suppose that who mean i would have to be in yours to do so lol.....
ReplyDeletesalamu aleykum,
ReplyDeletemashAllah la quatta illa biLlah!
How beautyfull!!
Allah barek!
um-zakaria (Yusra)
Barakallahu fiki Yusra :)
ReplyDelete