Thursday, 1 March 2012

:: ONE ::

The first day of a new month. And typically, for me, a chance to sit and reflect over what I'd like to achieve during the next few weeks insha'allah. Winter is drawing to a close and I'm already feeling more productive and ready to tackle all those tasks I've been neglecting for so long. 

I've stepped in to March with more focus on being frugal and with that in mind I've organised my menu for the week ahead and even done the grown up thing and written a well thought out shopping list to go along with it... I can already see how much money I'll be saving myself in the long run... it smarts a little though to have to go back to menu planning, but prices here have gone crazy lately. Even basic staples like potatoes have risen in price by at least 20da where I live.. there is no time now to be complacent. The price hikes took me by surprise last month... usually after the two eids are out of the way and people have done with celebrating muloud we enjoy a bit of respite. Prices generally start to slacken a little and things become a little more affordable.This hasn't happened yet... at least not in Algiers. 
Which is why I'm not taking any chance this month insha'allah 



I thought I'd try blogging everyday for March... I had attempted it in December but other things were clearly planned for us that were out of our control. To be honest I think it's to keep me on the straight and narrow as much as anything else. I have a tendency to veer away from the path of good sense and go rogue sometimes and it ultimately ends in chaos and me annoying the heck out of myself for being thoughtless and random. 

So there you are, I'm battle ready and willing to document my foray into the world of the organised and focused. It might not be pretty!




2 comments:

  1. what a great idea!!! a post a day for a whole month!!!! I promise promise promise to push you in the right direction....lol...you can do it sis...my very own little woman from little house in the prairy...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. erm... I will no doubt need all the pushing that is humanly possible Ines... cast your mind back to the last time I attempted a post a day...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting constructive feedback, so don't be shy...say your piece, just keep it polite.. :)