Tuesday, 22 February 2011

today my brother-in-law returned to me my new and improved laptop...complete with entirely new system, without the excess baggage of ALL my files AND photos, and ENTIRELY in FRENCH...but I'm assured the fan is now clean enough to ensure it will no longer overheat, and so far so good. It's just a shame my schoolgirl French is having such a hard time trying to decipher it all...but heck if it means blogging in bed and browsing in peace while the family are sleeping then I guess I can't complain.

for me internet use doesn't happen past dinner time..I have a wee fella who insists on having his mummy close by while he's sleeping....and short of dragging the desktop into bed with me there wasn't much of a soloution.

insha'allah I'll be able to share some of the creatvity going on around here at the moment... including our once weekly crafting session for some of the local girls. We're attempting a project per month..and this month it was cross stitching their initials onto Aida fabric (which they had never seen before and were instantly obsessed with). I have to say  wasn't prepared for so much difficulty in putting crosses onto fabric, but the girls are happily enthusiastic, so we persevere ....

and now I'm off to get my fix of ravelry before I finally hit the pit insha'allah...normally I'd be alseep by now (having to be awake by 5.30am sees to that normally..) but clearly the laptop has made me naughty...we'll blame the bil shall we?

3 comments:

  1. as salaamu `alaykum :)

    I usually do embroidery but I've started cross-stitch too! Nothing complicated because I get so tired of reading the patterns. Still I like the cheery colours. What kind of patterns do you use? Traditional or the more Western/contemporary ones ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the polka dot masha'allah. Would be even more gorgeous in the right shade of blue;)...............

    ReplyDelete
  3. akh you know me and my relationship with blue...just couldn't bring myself to do it dolly... ;)

    Imaan I much prefer more ethnic stitching,I was working on a really nice berber inspired piece when I first came here, unfortunately iy got lost when we moved last summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting constructive feedback, so don't be shy...say your piece, just keep it polite.. :)