I never actually mean to stay away for as long as I do,
Life just seems to keep me busy with other things most of the time, and not much of it would be considered blog worthy I'm afraid...
We've been housebound for a couple of weeks, waiting for the rain to stop and the weather to clear up enough for us to venture a bit further out than simply to the school and back,
and in the meantime there is the never ending round of meals to cook and mess to clear... which sounds a bit like a complaint, but isn't... honest!
there is always some joy to be found in even the most mundane of daily chores....
one of my favourite jobs over the winter months has been cooking at my taboona, which warms the kitchen up beautifully, and it suits me fine to sit and throw things into a pot at leisure instead of standing over the cooker wishing I was doing something other than trying to feed the five thousand....again!!
having said that my love / hate with cooking has abated somewhat over winter, and I have learnt some new recipes from neighbours and friends.
Now, I would promise to show you them...and WILL if I remember, but lets face it we all know I'm a flaky, brain deficient sloth with terminal brain fog
busy mother of 7 with a home and husband to run!
I've also learnt to love my bread maker this winter...which should have meant less of what you see below, but what it actually resulted in was not bread to break at the dinner table,
but the most delicious chelsea buns and other very tasy but admitedly not nearly as neccessary yuminess.
It has helped to keep the wolf from the door though and the children happy into the bargain, so whats to complain about (other than a few extra inches on the hips)
there have been attempts at healtiness, I mean I have been THINKING about going on a diet...
I just don't seem to have got much further than the thinking stage....
we eat pretty healthily here, no pre-made nonsense and all freshly cooked from scratch...just possibly rather too much of it...
I did write myself a wish list of what I wanted to achieve this month, and don't seem to have achieved very much of it, apart from developing a better sleep routine..which no doubt says alot about me...
I'm off now to do a spot of Good Blogkeeping...
one of my to-do's for Feb was blogging 3x a week and sorting out my blogroll.....
doing well so far aren't I?
xxx




lol..you crack me up
ReplyDeletelol...funny you should say that..the family get a good deal of amusement from my doings aswell!!!
ReplyDelete