Friday, 8 October 2010

It's that Friday post...

you know, the one I should really be putting thought into all week long because I'm so focused on living my 12 very personal commandments.... ya think huh!
the truth is, as always, the things that should have been first on my list came last and thats just the way life seems to pan out for alot of women isn't it?

We have admirable intentions of making the most of our day, of using our time islamically as a means of gaining nearness to Allah...
of being thoughtful and refelective and making it about something more than just getting meals on the table and the laundry pile under control....and then...the week's over again and not ONLY have you not made any headway islamically but the damned laundry pile is STILL as big as it ever was...

What's your strategy for implementing worship?
Are there times when you think you've finally got the  worship / chore ratio sussed?
I'd love to know your thoughts....

Anyway...
This week (as always) will be different...
I'll try harder not to let my time get hijacked.
I will seek closeness to Allah in even the most mundane of household tasks...
I will try to keep my lips moist with the dhikr of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala
and I will try to see my service to others as a means of attaining the pleasure of Allah rather than resenting it...
Insha'allah you all have a thoughful, peace filled, Allah concious week too,
ameen
xxxx


7 comments:

  1. assalamu alaykum sis,

    sooo true subhanaAllah, when it's something about our deen, we find it at the end... the last in the list, even if we tried to make it first (sorry for the words game LOL). we really need to purify our intentions maybe, every time, wa Allahu 'alam :)

    take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalaamu Alaykum,

    It's so hard! I'm working on it too! And I've started by getting to sleep at a decent time. That's my BIGGEST problem and what I think my productivity (or lack of) is always based on, whether it's ibaadah or household/family tasks (which I suppose can come in to ibaadah if I let them!)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think it's a groove that many women find themselves stuck in to be honest... it's a shame, because we have the potential to get so much more out of our deen if only we had the right kind of "quality time" to apply to it...

    I also stay up hours after everyone else has gone to bed just so I can have some time to myself...and then am sluggish all day long... I think a good bedtime routine is something I really need to start focusing on....

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so true, we do tend to leave islam to the last , insha`allah like you said maybe more dhikr while doing chores would be a great first step and even doing for others is also pleasing allah

    jazak`allah khair umm z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salaam...

    So true! Thursday is my laundry day which means that by default Friday is ironing day! Alhamdu lillah though - I love to listen to Qur'an whilst ironing and even practice my own recitation a bit since no-one can hear me in that back room (especially if I have the a/c on!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. assalamu aleikum warhmatullahi, mashallah la quwata ila billah such a good post and so very true as many have already said,it's amazing how what is should be a priority in our lives come to be the last,sure many of us suffer this inner fight as we know it should be the first and only concern,alhamdulillah for His ta'ala mercy,been mothers and housewives also have a reward,live can be so wrapping into the material dunya like cleaning and cooking specially in dz,inshallah we try harder and achive our goals and that will be the key to happiness,we all know what to do but is about getting it done,may allah strenght our eeman,amin.

    um hanan

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. salam,

    my new routine is a little of something you said, earlier to bed and earlier to rise. A little quiet time for me and some hasanet, usually in the form of quran reading before anyone wakes up.I'm hoping it will put some baraka in my day and in my spirit!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting constructive feedback, so don't be shy...say your piece, just keep it polite.. :)